(Handling of personal information)
1. In this policy, "personal information" refers to information about an individual that can identify a specific individual by a name, date of birth or other content included in the information or by a personal identification code (Personal Information Protection Act, Article 2, Paragraph 2). The information we collect about our customers includes information that cannot identify specific individuals as is, but in the event that specific individuals can be identified through a combination of that information with other information, such information is entirely treated as personal information.
(Purpose of using personal information)
2. With the exception of cases as stipulated by laws and regulations, we acquire personal information after notifying or publishing the explicit purpose of its use, and we acquire the personal information in the necessary scope and use it within the scope of its purpose of use. After the purpose of use has been achieved, we endeavor to erase the personal information without delay. The purposes for which we use the personal information are as follows.
(1) Personal information of customers and business partners
・ Provide our products and services or information about them
・ Provide support and maintenance for our products and services
・ Improve market research, product development and services related to our products and services
・ Plan and improve websites managed by our company
・ Provide information on exhibitions, conduct public relations on our operations and sales promotion activities
・ Manage entry to and exit from our facilities and our equipment
・ Make contact related to various inquiries and respond to the inquiries
・ Make contact for business negotiations and meetings
・ Make contact for business and transactional communications
・ Advance the implementation of consigned business
・ Negotiate and conclude contracts, fulfill obligations and process contract-related invoicing and payments
・ Comply with laws and regulations
・ For the purpose specified when acquiring personal information
・ For other business related to the above matters
(2) Personal information of shareholders
・ Manage the creation of shareholder data based on various laws and ordinances
・ Exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on the Companies Act and other related laws
・ Implement various measures and provide conveniences to facilitate the relationship between our shareholders and our company
・ For other business related to the above matters
(3) Personal information related to recruitment
・ Study and decide on recruitment conditions at our company, study and decide on acceptance and rejection, make contact related to recruitment and respond to inquiries
・ Implement and make contact related to internship
・ Conduct questionnaire surveys related to recruitment
・ For the purpose specified when acquiring personal information related to recruitment activities and internship
・ For other business related to the above matters
In addition to the above purposes, we may use the information that we acquire from customers, business partners, shareholders and recruitment applicants as follows. In such cases, the information that is utilized or provided does not include information that identifies specific customers, business partners, shareholders, and individual hiring applicants.
(1) Statistically process and utilize the information
(2) Provide the information to our subsidiaries or affiliates, or to our sales companies or our trading companies after processing the information so that specific individuals cannot be identified
(Acquisition of personal information)
3. When we acquire personal information, we strive to obtain the consent of the individual himself or herself by specifying the required information in advance, such as the items of personal information we will handle, purpose of use, contact for inquiries and so on. When private information, such as personally identifiable information related to race, creed, etc., is included in the personal information, we will not acquire the personal information without obtaining the consent of the individual himself or herself except when it is permitted by law. When we acquire personal information from a third party, if obligations to confirm the receipt of information from a third party and obligations to create records exist, we will comply with such obligations.
4. We strive to use personal information within the scope of its purpose of use and keep it accurate, complete and up to date. We take necessary and appropriate security measures according to the current state of the art in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, tampering, loss, damage, etc., and will rectify such measures when necessary.
(Management of consignment partners)
5. We may consign the handling of personal information to our other group companies or to third parties to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of its use. In such cases, we will implement appropriate security measures based on our internal regulations. With regard to consigning to third parties, we will ensure that the personal information will be handled with appropriate safety through contracts and other means. When consigning to a third party located in a foreign country, if obligations to create records exist, we will comply with such obligations.
(Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties)
6. With the exception of the following cases, we will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties.
(1) When we have received the consent of the individual himself or herself.
(2) When it is required by laws and regulations.
(3) When necessary for the protection of human life, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual himself or herself.
(4) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual himself or herself.
(5) When it is necessary as prescribed under laws and regulations to cooperate with activities by a national institution or a local public entity or a party that has been consigned by said agency, and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the individual himself or herself may interfere with the performance of such activities.
(6) When we have consigned to another party some or all of the operations to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use. (In such a case, we will be the party responsible and will manage the operations properly.)
(7) When a business succession has occurred due to a merger or other reason.
(8) When conducting shared use of the information as described in "8. Shared use of personal information." (In such a case, we will be the party responsible and will manage the shared use properly.)
(Shared use of personal information)
7. We may share personal information with our group companies in order to achieve the purposes as defined in "2. Purpose of using personal information." Regarding our overseas group companies, we will only use personal information with companies that have established systems that conform to the standards prescribed by the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission, Article 24, of the Personal Information Protection Act or systems that comply with them.
(1) Shared use items of personal information
Name, contact information (address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.), employment information (affiliated company, department name, position/title, etc.), content of inquiries, content of requests, information on product purchases (e.g., purchase history), content of contracts
(2) Scope of shared use parties
Our group companies
* Our group companies
KOA Corporation (Japan)
Sanada KOA Corporation (Japan)
KOA Electronics Co., Ltd. (Japan)
KOA Kasei Co., Ltd. (Japan)
Kashima KOA Denko Co., Ltd. (Japan)
KOA Trading Co., Ltd. (Japan)
KOA Speer Electronics, Inc. (U.S.)
KOA Europe GmbH（Germany）
VIA Electronic GmbH（Germany）
KOA Denko (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.（Malaysia）
Shanghai KOA Electronics Co., Ltd. (China)
Shanghai KOA Electronics Trading Co., Ltd. (China)
KOA Electronics (Taicang) Co., Ltd. (China)
Wuxi KOA Electroceramics Co., Ltd. (China)
KOA Electronics (H.K.) Ltd.（Hong Kong）
Dah Hsing Electric Co., Ltd.（Taiwan）
KOA Kaohsiung Corporation（Taiwan）
(3) Name of party responsible for management of shared use information
(Inquiries related to personal information, etc.)
8. Based on the Personal Information Protection Act, we will respond appropriately to requests for disclosure, correction, etc. from the individual himself or herself or an agent acting on behalf of the individual concerning the personal information held by our company. The method for requesting disclosure, correction, etc. is as follows.
(1) Please contact us with such inquiries at the following phone number.
(2) After confirming the content of the inquiry, we will send you materials for requesting disclosure, correction, etc. of the personal information.
* At that time, we will ask for your name, address, etc. in order to send the materials for requesting disclosure, correction, etc.
(3) After receiving the materials for requesting disclosure, correction, etc. of the personal information, fill in the necessary items on the form, enclose documents that confirm the identity of the individual or the authority and identity of the agent acting on behalf of the individual, and send it to the address indicated.
① Documents for confirming the individual's identity: copy of a driver's license, copy of a resident's card, etc.
② Documents for confirming the agent's proxy authority and identity: a letter showing authority for the agent to act as proxy for the individual making the request (with the seal of the individual himself or herself), an original copy of the individual's registered seal certificate, and a document confirming the identity of the agent (as in ① above).
Note that all fees related to obtaining identity confirmation documents at administrative agencies, copy fees and the cost related to mailing the materials shall be borne by the individual making the request.
(4) After receiving the above documents, we will reply in writing in about two (2)
(5) Contact phone number for inquiries
KOA Denko (S) Pte. Ltd.: (+65)6339 5151
Reception hours: 8:30 to 17:35
(System strengthening, training, etc.)
9. In order to handle personal information appropriately, we will strive to continually strengthen and improve our internal structure including reviewing this policy by assigning personnel responsible for personal information management, improving our internal regulations, providing training for officers and employees, and conducting appropriate internal audits.
The purposes of the use of these objects are as follows:
1) To transmit a notice to web visitors from our website or e-mail address
2) To utilize browsing history of web visitors and their response to a questionnaire to provide better service to those who have registered personal information
3) To create statistics on the use of our website
4) To determine the cause when our website experiences a system failure
A cookie is a small amount of data sent by a website’s server and retained by user’s device to allow the user more efficient use of website from the next access by storing a part of the website’s data in the browser.
A web beacon is a technology, which utilizes cookies, etc. to take statistical data, such as date and time of access to a website.
An IP address is a unique number for identifying a computer on the network.
The use of access log analysis tools to improve service
We may collect statistical information on the use of our website with access log analysis tools for the purpose of providing better service to those visiting KOA Denko (S) Pte. Ltd.’s website. Access log analysis tools utilize cookies to collect information on the access to our website.